Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Year...New Adventures

I really don't make a New Year resolution because I never stick to them. I always have the good intentions of doing them and being successful but it never pans out. So, I think what works for me is to  challenge myself. I've already accomplished something before even the New Year begins. My birthday was November 7th and that was the day I quit smoking.  What? Huh? (I'm sorry if you spit coffee on your screen) Yes, I started smoking about 4 years ago...WHAT!!! Yeah, yeah, I know..why would you do something as stupid as start smoking?  Well, it was a stressful time for me and it was  something that just happened.  Now the crazy part is that when I started cycling and then transitioned into running, I was still smoking.  How crazy is that?  My lungs didn't know what I was doing to them :( Well, I will let you know that I will be 2 months smoke free on January 7th :)  I feel so  much better, I can run faster and longer. I will never go back to smoking (knock on wood).  Well, lets  get back to  my personal challenges for 2014.

TOP FIVE 2014 CHALLENGES

 5) Read my collection of Diana Gabaldon novels


4) Stick with my running team (Presque Isle Runners...GO PIR!) monthly  workouts. Hoping  for some lovely abs by summer :)
5) Eat better...I struggle with this everyday. I don't beat myself up over it but I know  I could make better choices. Instead of this on my break at work


I could eat this...

or even this...

LOOKS YUMMY DON'T IT?



2) Drink more water... I did a 24 hour challenge through my Fit 4 Life team where we had to drink half our body weight in water. I used two 10 oz bottles from my fuel belt to keep track of how much I drank that day. My total amount  was 70 oz of water.
I realized that I don't drink enough water. I will also challenge myself and cut out  soft drinks. I'm pretty much there but once in awhile I have a craving for a Mt. Dew :)
 And my number 1 challenge...drum roll please...

 1) Run my first full marathon!!!
I must be crazy...someone check if I have a fever..lol.


I ran my first official 10k in 2013 at the Flying Pig Marathon and I will return to Cincinnati to do the full marathon.






26.2 miles of blood, sweat and tears. 

 So..the challenges are written down..I'm ready to crush them. :)




















 















No comments:

August Reads 2018

August was a great month for reading. I don't think I have ever read this many books in such a short time. Karen Marie Moning's F...